- September 2010 Precious: Reclaiming Art and Craft / Banbury Museum Galleries, Banbury, Oxford OX16 2PQ
- December 2010 Freaks / Shoreditch Town Hall Basement Gallery
- July 2010 Precious / The Platform Gallery, Clitheroe, Lancashire
- May 2010 Art @ Delamore 2010 / Delamore Estate, Ivybridge, Devon
- January 2010 Precious / Hove Museum & Art Gallery
- September 2009 Milestone / Chancery Lane, London
- September 2009 Salon 09 / Matt Roberts Art
- July 2009 Identity / Black Swan Arts
- May 2009 Tales Of The Electric Forest / St. Pancras Crypt, London
- April 2009 5th International Ceramic Biennale / Korea
- November 2008 Winter’s Tale / New Brewery Arts, Cirencester
- January 30th 2010 - April 23rd 2010
- Hove Museum & Art Gallery
- Admission: Free
- Opening Times: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm. Sunday 2-5pm
Be dazzled by the beauty in the overlooked and discarded.
Taking a highly innovative approach to contemporary craft, Hove Museum & Art Gallery commissioned ten artists and makers to create new pieces, and nine to exhibit existing work. Precious is the result, produced from objects which have had a previous life.
Coming from all over the country and selected from 300 applicants, the makers reflect all aspects of contemporary craft in Britain today. Participating makers:
Tracey Bush, Kelvin Birk, David Clarke, Donya Coward, Mary Crabb, Stephanie Douet, Amy Douglas, Jools Johnson, Circus Kinetica, Becky Knight, Margaret Marks Andrew Mockett, Joanna Mowbray, Mark Oliver, Claire Palfreyman, Kate Parrott Betty Pepper, Jasmine Pradissitto, Pamela Schilderman
Precious is created by Matt Smith, guest curator, and Polly Harknett, Curator of Contemporary Craft at Brighton & Hove Museums. After being shown at Hove Museum, it will take on a new life on tour to five other venues around the UK.